China Pacific Property Insurance Co., Ltd.
01UnionPay Cards Issued in Australia
Friday, March 26, 2021
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Enjoy Pandemic Protection with Eligible Spending of 100 AUD（or other equivalent currency）.
UnionPay Pandemic Protection covers the following:
1.A cardholder first diagnosed with Class A or Class B infectious diseases (including COVID-19) is entitled to a compensation of RMB5,000;
2.A cardholder who suffers death as a consequence of first diagnosis of the above-mentioned Class A and B infectious diseases (including COVID-19), is entitled to a RMB300,000 compensation;
3.A cardholder who suffers an accidental death is entitled to a compensation of RMB50,000
4.The Protection is valid for 90 days.
5.UnionPay Pandemic Protection accepts cardholders holding a People’s Republic of China resident identity card between the ages of 16 and 65, located in anywhere globally.
How to enroll the offer:
1.Cardholders need to enroll the account and log in, then bind UnionPay cards.
2.Select the benefit, and click ‘Apply Now’
How to get the Protection with eligible spending:
1.Log in the link, entre into ‘Me’-‘Benefit Wallet’, and get the Benefit Code.
2.Then go into the Protection application page, and fill in related information to finish the process.
3.The insurance certificate will be sent to your email address once finished, and please ensure the email address is correct.
1. UnionPay Pandemic Protection covers the following: A cardholder first diagnosed with Class A or Class B infectious diseases (including infectious diseases with unknown causes that require prevention and control measures for Class A infectious diseases) (including COVID-19) as specified in the “Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases” is entitled to a compensation of RMB5,000; A cardholder who suffers death as a consequence of first diagnosis of the above-mentioned Class A and B infectious diseases (including COVID-19), is entitled to a RMB300,000 compensation; A cardholder who suffers an accidental death is entitled to a compensation of RMB50,000.
2. UnionPay Pandemic Protection accepts cardholders between the ages of 16 and 65. The cardholder needs to hold a People’s Republic of China resident identity card (the identity card number will be provided to the insurer as one of the insurance application information), and must not have been diagnosed with a Class A and B infectious disease when applying for the insurance, or has not been isolated due to close contact with a patient suspected of having an infectious disease.
3. The activity period is from 26 March 2021 to 30 June 2021.
4. After applying “Enjoy Pandemic Protection with Eligible Spending” Benefit, Cardholders are required to accumulate Eligible Qualified Spending of 100 AUD（or other equivalent currency）or more with an Eligible card (“Eligible Spending”) and must use the benefit service within 30 days from the date of receiving the benefit voucher. Benefits voucher will be issued to the Eligible Cardholders within 1 day after the date of the accumulated spending reaching the requirement. Each card is limited to one benefit voucher during the promotion period. Each benefit voucher code can only be used for the benefit a maximum of one time and is non-transferrable once the benefit voucher is redeemed. The quota is offered on first-come-first-served basis.
5. The area, date, time, etc. of the Transactions using the Eligible cards shall be subject to the final record of the UnionPay Card backend system. The benefit only counts the Eligible Purchase Transactions made by Eligible Cards generated from application time to 24:00 June 30, 2021 Beijing time.
6. Any transaction through the UnionPay Card Transaction Network, can be regarded as Eligible Purchase Transaction. The following transactions will not be eligible for the benefit: Charity and social services Transaction and any transactions that have been cancelled or refunded.
7. The benefit voucher is automatically updated every 30 minutes. Please complete the information filling and page submission on the insurance application page in time. If it exceeds this time limit, the current benefit voucher becomes invalid. The cardholder will need to return to the benefit voucher page to regenerate a new voucher and be redirected to the insurance application page to apply for the insurance.
8. Upon completion of the insurance application, China Pacific Insurance Property Insurance Co., Ltd. will send the insurance certificate to the cardholder’s email address as provided during application. The insurance certificate will include the cardholder’s policy information as an important proof for claim settlement.
9. Cardholders who insured can log in to the WeChat mini-program (CPIC exclusive claims) or send an email to the designated email [email protected] for claims submission.
10. The diagnosis needs to be performed at a Tier Two (inclusive) or above medical institution in Mainland China; diagnosis in other countries or regions needs to be performed at a medical institution with a legal business license approved by local authorities.
11. Documents required for claim settlement (The details shall be subject to the actual requirement of CPIC):
11.1 Diagnosis allowance benefit: Proof of diagnosis and medical records (medical history, payment bills and receipts, etc.) provided by a locally licensed medical institution. Translation and notarization are not required, colored photos or scans will suffice.
11.2 Death benefit claim: Original copies must be submitted by post (documents issued outside Mainland China need to be translated and notarized)
1) Claims Application form;
2) Insurance certificate
3) Proof of identity of claimant
4) The death certificate and proof of accident documentation of the insured issued by the local embassy or consulate; Proof of diagnosis and death certificate provided by a locally licensed medical institution. For deaths in Mainland China, a certificate of cancellation of the insured’s household registration issued by the public security department, and a death certificate of the insured issued by a medical institution recognized by the insurer or one that is at least Tier Two and above.
5) Other relevant proof and documentation that can be provided by the claimant to confirm the nature, cause, and loss of the reported accident;
6) If the claimant entrusts others to apply, the letter of authorization, the identity certificates of the authoriser and the authorisee and other relevant supporting documents shall also be provided. If the beneficiary is a person with no capacity for civil conduct or a person with limited capacity for civil conduct, his guardian shall redeem the compensation on his behalf, where the guardian’s identity certificate and other supporting documents needs to be provided.
12. The claim compensation can only be transferred to the insured’s or beneficiary’s UnionPay debit card accounts issued in Mainland China.
13. A response will be provided within 10 legal working days from the date of submission of the diagnosis allowance benefit claim documents. Death claim cases shall be answered within 30 legal working days after the submission of the claim documents; the compensation shall be allocated within 3 legal working days after the decision to approve the claims has been made. The schedule of legal working days refers to the arrangement of Mainland China.
14. UnionPay reserves the right to disqualify the Eligible cardholders to participate in the benefit and cancel or retrieve the benefit that have been issued directly or through the issuing banks without prior notice if the Eligible cardholders exploit system vulnerabilities, use plug-in software, add-ins or any other dishonest means or tools to obtain benefits.
15. The Benefit is intended for personal use only, not transferable. The Benefit cannot be used for any commercial or promotional purposes or any other purposes whatsoever and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, other products or discounts.
16. Products and services are provided by China Pacific Insurance Property Insurance Co., Ltd. UnionPay International is not the service provider of this campaign, and it does not assume any responsibility for the quality or performance of the products or services provided. Any disputes arising from the quality of its products and services will be handled by CPIC.
17. For any assistance or questions related to the contents of the insurance, please contact the dedicated CPIC service specialist as specified in the insurance certificate.
18. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact UnionPay Customer Service Hotline: 95516 (For Cardholders located in Mainland China) and refer to http://www.unionpayintl.com/cn/serviceCenter/hotline/ (For Cardholders located outside Mainland China).