QR Merchant (Hong Kong)
Asia.Hong Kong SAR
NoneNew user of UnionPay App in Hong Kong
Monday, December 28, 2020
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
New registered UnionPay App user in Hong Kong with designated UnionPay Card binding in app will receive a Bill Payment Red Packet of RMB30 upon first net spending of HK$50 or above at UnionPay QR Code merchants in Hong Kong during the promotion period
1. The Welcome Red Packet for Bill Payment is valid for 90 days from the issue day. It will be debited automatically based on UnionPay Exchange Rate for up to RMB10 each time upon settling payment of HK$150 or above with “Hong Kong Bill Payment” via UnionPay App. The debited amount is subject to the exchange rate of UnionPay System.
2. The red packet auto-deduction function for payment settlement can be set in-app.
3. The Promotion is applicable to new users whose UnionPay Credit Card or Signature-based Prepaid Card with card number starting with 62 issued by designated card issuing institutions in Hong Kong are bound with UnionPay App. The promotion is not applicable to UnionPay Debit Card (ATM Card).
4. A quota of 10,000 pcs is available during the promotion period.
5. Each UnionPay App new user is entitled to enjoy the Welcome Red Packet for Bill Payment once during the promotion period.
Please refer to UnionPay App for more details.
1. UnionPay App Welcome Red Packet Reward for Bill Payment (refers to “The Promotion”) is valid from 28 December 2020 to 31 March 2021, both dates inclusive (refers to “Promotion Period”).
2. New UnionPay App user refers to those who have never registered UnionPay App. The Promotion is applicable to new registered user during the Promotion Period (refers to “New Users”).
3. The Promotion is applicable to New Users whose UnionPay Credit or Signature-based Prepaid Card with card number starting with 62 issued by designated card issuing institutions in Hong Kong (refers to “UnionPay Card”) are bound with UnionPay App. It is not applicable to UnionPay Debit Card (ATM Card). Applicable UnionPay Cards are listed below:
Hong Kong SAR Region Card Type
i. Credit Card – Bank of China (Hong Kong), HSBC, Bank of Communications (Hong Kong), Bank of East Asia, Dah Sing Bank, AEON Credit Service (Asia), PrimeCredit, Chiyu Banking, Nanyang Commercial Bank, Shanghai Commercial Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia), CMB Wing Lung Bank, Chong Hing Bank, China Construction Bank (Asia), OCBC Wing Hang Bank, China CITIC Bank International
ii. Signature-based Prepaid Card – 33 Finance, Transforex (Hong Kong), ePayLinks, UniCard, Tap & Go (HKT Payment Limited)
4. Details of the Promotion:
New registered UnionPay App user in Hong Kong with designated UnionPay Card bound in app will receive a Bill Payment Red Packet of RMB30 upon first net spending of HK$50 or above at UnionPay QR Code merchants in Hong Kong during the promotion period. The Welcome Red Packet for Bill Payment (refers to “Red Packet”) is valid for 90 days from the issue day. It will be debited automatically based on UnionPay Exchange Rate for up to RMB10 each time upon settling payment of HK$150 or above with “Hong Kong Bill Payment” via UnionPay App. The debited amount is subject to the exchange rate of UnionPay System. Each New User is entitled to enjoy the offer once in the Promotion Period.
5. Qualified transaction must be settled with UnionPay App via UnionPay network in order to receive and spend Red Packet.
6. The discounted amount after using the Red Packet will be showed on the confirmation page of bill payment. New users may refer to in-app notification, actual amount debited by the bank and the transaction summary of red packet for record.
7. The Red Packet in RMB rewarded during the Promotion Period will be exchanged to Hong Kong Dollars based on the UnionPay Exchange Rate and consumed automatically when transaction takes place. The updated exchange rate is available for reference daily in UnionPay App while the actual debited amount is subject to the UnionPay Exchange Rate of UnionPay System.
8. It is unnecessary to open or operate with the balance page of the Red Packet for bill payment when using the Red Packet. The Red Packet will be deducted automatically upon bill payment of HK$150 via UnionPay App for New Users and the deducted amount will be shown on the completion page of bill payment. Please refer to the details of corresponding red packet for individual terms and conditions.
9. The red packet auto-deduction function for bill payment can be set in UnionPay App and it is switched on by default. Go to “Me”>“Settings”>“Payment Settings”>“Red Package Usage Settings” for setting. Red packet will not be deducted if the function is switched off and the value will be kept within its validity until the auto-deduction function is switched on when bill payment takes place.
10. If more than one kind of red packet are available, the system would deduct according to the terms and conditions first and followed by the one with larger deductible amount. If the deductible amount of the red packets is the same, the system would deduct the one with an earlier issue date. If there are more than 1 red packet of the same kind with different expiry date, the system would deduct the one which would expire earlier.
11. Red packet will only be used for deduction when the spending amount meets the requirement specified by the corresponding red packet. The value of red packet is in RMB and can only be used when the spending amount is greater than RMB1. At least RMB1 or when the spending amount in foreign currency equals to RMB1 is required to be settled for the transaction.
12. When instant discount and red packet are both applicable to Hong Kong Bill Payment, the system will automatically prioritise to take instant discount before the deduction of red packet for the transaction amount.
13. The Red Packet is only valid before the expiry date and will not be re-issued. The expired Red Packet will be cleared in system automatically.
14. Red Packet may not be credited to the account on time. Please contact UnionPay International Customer Service Hotline if the Red Packet is not shown in app after 1 working day upon spending.
15. The value of red packet value is the same as cash i.e. RMB1 in red packet = RMB1 in cash.
16. Registration with the same device, same user ID, same mobile number, same bank card reserved mobile number, same bank card (physical) or same identity card number will be classified as the same user. Virtual mobile number and card number are not accepted in the Promotion.
17. The quota of 10,000 pcs for Red Packet is available on a first-come-first-served basis while quotas last.
18. Red packet can be rewarded by spending via UnionPay App at all UnionPay QR Code merchants in Hong Kong and cannot be exchanged for cash and used in conjunction with other promotion. UnionPay International Company Limited (refers to “UnionPay International”) reserves the right to amend the merchant list at any time without prior notice. Please refer to UnionPay App or UnionPay International website for the list of UnionPay QR Code merchants in Hong Kong.
19. Red packet will only be rewarded for qualified transactions excluding cancelled, refunded and reversal transactions. If the transaction is cancelled or refunded, the red packet rewarded will be cancelled and the quota used will still be counted.
20. If the transaction is cancelled or refunded, the red packet used for bill payment will not be refunded to the user account.
21. Participating users will be disqualified for any of the following violations (refers to “violations”):
a) Fraud transaction;
b) Participation in the Promotion for the purpose of illegal profits;
c) Participation in the Promotion by maliciously using multiple accounts (including but not limited to the same IP\same device\same registered mobile number\same bank card reserved mobile number\same bank card (including the virtual card attached to the master card)). Participation or assistance in withdrawal of UnionPay resources (including but not limited to coupons of all kinds, red packets or other rewards);
d) Participation in the Promotion by any robot software, spider software, crawler software, spamming software or other automated means;
e) Violations of the principle of good faith;
f) Implementing other cheating behavior that is not actually receipt.
22. If there is any violation during participation in the Promotion, UnionPay International reserves the right to disqualify the user and inactivate his/her UnionPay App account, forfeit the reward and withdraw the red packet issued (including the consumed amount). UnionPay International reserves the right to claim against the offending users according to the seriousness of the circumstances and pursue relevant legal responsibilities.
23. As to any users and tools conducting malicious arbitrage through violating the above-mentioned terms and conditions, including but not limited to mobile number, UnionPay Card and UnionPay App etc., UnionPay International reserves the right not to reward or to claim against the reward, and forbid the offending users for participating in any promotion activities in future.
24. It shall be known by the users that all kinds of uncertainties exist in the Internet. UnionPay International reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion due to force majeure or large-scale malicious arbitrage in the Promotion, communication route failure or large-scale computer hacking etc.
25. UnionPay International shall not take any responsibility on the inability of participation in the Promotion due to the problem of users’ own electronic devices or other systems.
26. All time in the Promotion is based on the system time of UnionPay International.
27. UnionPay International is neither vendor nor service provider, thus UnionPay International shall not take any responsibility to the products/serves/food and beverages/menu provided by the merchants.
28. In case of any discrepancy between the Chinese and English terms and conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail for all purposes.
29. The Promotion and usage of UnionPay App are bound by other terms and conditions. Please refer to UnionPay App or www.unionpayintl.com/hk/promotion/en/upqrcode for details.
UnionPay International (HK) Customer Service Hotline: 800 967 222